all experienced guitar makers help!?!?!?!

I seriously reccommend the Melvin Hiscock 'Build Your Own Electric Guitar' book. I couldnt get it on amazon.co.uk so i went to amazon.com

I do have a certain amount of apprehension when it comes to ordering from overseas cos i'm worried i'll get screwed on the import duty and VAT charges. That said, the book and shipping didnt come to more than £20 so i managed to avoid the extra charges.

I have this horrible nightmare that i'll order a bunch of stuff thats cheaper overseas or isnt available here, only to find that ive paid the same again in duty and VAT (and further to that, fast delivery can be expensive - the shortest delivery time for a $13 fingerboard from Lmii.com was using FedEx and cost $34. Granted you can have it shipped by US parcel post but the delivery time can be 2-4weeks ).

Dont be afraid to order from abroad, just make sure you know exactly what its gonna cost you (or as close an estimate as possible).

My £0.02

Once I had a photo of a guitar body I wanted to make, I blew up the photo on a copier until the humbucker was of proper dimension.

I was limited to the size of paper so I had to print it out in sections and then tape them all together to get the full view. I actually printed it out just slightly larger to account for sanding and shaping of the body before final assembly.

Once you begin designing after this stage you will probably be able to ask some more specific questions if the search function doesn't give you what your after.

Good luck on our project! :D