First guitar, big mistake

practice with an inlay, although that might not be perfect. since it is carved....

hell put a sticked over it...

Here you go.... Add a racing stripe down the center of the guitar.... in black, tape it off with masking tape and paper and it will work fine...

I had a small problem with this guitar: pic2.jpg

The joined top did not fit perfectly, so I add that small racing stripe. Its from a piece of sticker from a hobby shop that sells stuff for model airplanes. After I added the sticker a couple coats of lacquer, and wet sanding, it looks like an inlay...

You cannot veneer a carved top, people need to stop recommending that

Of course you can. The Ibanez S series and just about every figured top Les Paul copy coming from asia have a veneered top. You need some form of vacuum clamp, and someone here even mentioned those "space bags" that compress your clothes down for storage or travel.

I like the idea of an ebony trapeze tailpiece, like the Benedetto one Stew Mac sells. Or even one that has a metal outer shell but the wood filled section in the middle. You could do an inlay of contrasting wood, and do it like a maple leaf shape or those crown type things. Or like the way Ibanez used to do the fancy brass overlays behind the tune-o-matics, you could do that kind of shape as an inlay.

You cannot veneer a carved top, people need to stop recommending that

Of course you can. The Ibanez S series and just about every figured top Les Paul copy coming from asia have a veneered top. You need some form of vacuum clamp, and someone here even mentioned those "space bags" that compress your clothes down for storage or travel.

I like the idea of an ebony trapeze tailpiece, like the Benedetto one Stew Mac sells. Or even one that has a metal outer shell but the wood filled section in the middle. You could do an inlay of contrasting wood, and do it like a maple leaf shape or those crown type things. Or like the way Ibanez used to do the fancy brass overlays behind the tune-o-matics, you could do that kind of shape as an inlay.

it is the 2 direction carve which you cannot venner conventionally....such as the one on that guitar we are looking at...

there is a certain way that was suggested once...i think it was soaking it in saki?

i think nyjbkim was the one who posted about it...maybe he remembers