saga kit

Hi,

I'm gonna start with my first project this summer,

since its my first project its gonna be a saga kit and I was wondering if I can cut a large fender headstock shape (like the late 60's-70's) outof the sage headstock.

And can you tell me something about the quality of the kit?

greetz ikke :D

I can't say for certain it will allow for a 70's style strat head but I pretty sure it will.

I recommend getting the kit from UniversalJems.com because he does preinspect the kit, offers options like different necks and such and also prepaints the pickup cavities with shielding paint.

Just make sure you tell Brian you want an 'uncut' headstock. Who knows, he may even be able to do it for you...not sure on that.

Brian

I was going to get a saga kit for my first guitar too, but I ended up buying all the parts from a local music store. It is much more expensive, but this way I'm sure I'm getting all high quality parts(I hope I don't screw it up!). But if you want to keep the costs low, tha saga kit seems to be the way to go (I would probably have gotten one of those if I lived in the USA, but shipping to Spain costed too much: $75 for a $100 kit)

I suppose that the headstock is sized so that the most common Fender shapes fit.

It's been read and said a billion times but it's TRUE. REPLACE THE TUNERS. I ordered my tele kit and got Gotoh tuners as a replacement, then I got the kit in the mail and looked at the tuners that was intended and they do SUCK! Reminds me of my first Global guitar back in the 70's.

Brian

thanks for the replys!

(I would probably have gotten one of those if I lived in the USA, but shipping to Spain costed too much: $75 for a $100 kit)

Itought universal Jems shipped them for 45€? :D

anyways wich tuners would you recommend for an upgrade mini's, kluson style?

and would they fit the pegholes on the saga kit?

ikke B)