Padauk/Mahogany progress to 6/7

Tim and I only had a couple of hours on Saturday to get some work done on both guitars. We did manage to get the padauk tops and backs which Tim previously bookmatched trued up and sanded ready for gluing up to the now prepared mahogany. I also have completed the finish of my neck except for making a truss rod cover.

Here is my bookmatched top and back just wetted down with mineral spirits...

Camelback3.jpg

Here, you can see how close we cut it with the bodies material-wise. The sides will be rounded, so it should be about perfect...

Camelback1.jpg

Camelback2.jpg

We even got to screw around a bit with guitarhead photos... You can see that I am doing a "rustic finish" on my prototype body as I will be reviving it very soon. I got a maple/ebony Carvin standard neck for it which Tim is coating up now with hard oil. Here are the GuitarHead shots...

BOGGSguitarhead1.jpg

BOGGSguitarhead2.jpg

BOGGSguitarhead3.jpg

BOGGSguitarhead4.jpg

Enjoy!

The middle is there as a resonance chamber but I shaped it as a pickup rout so if one were ever to be desired to be added, it would be painfully easy. I have also added the conduit for it to provide an easy way to thread the wires from the pickup if the time ever came. Boggs