Bridge position

Hi, I just finished printing the plans for an explorer (the old ESP type) with the hetfield headstock. I'm going to go with the Carvins neck thru since this will be the first guitar I will build. The problem I have is the it's a 25.5" neck and the plans are for 24.75". Do I just measure .75" lower from the plans and then position the neck there. Also is the 25.5" measured to the high E or to the center of the bridge, will use a TOM with strings thru the body. Also I plan on modifying the head stock to a 4+2 and carved. The wings will be mahogany or swamp ash.

http://carvin.com/products/part.php?ItemNumber=NT6

All Carvin necks come as shown with a 24 fret ebony fingerboard, an eleven degree headstock angle, graphite nut and dot inlays on the top and side. 2-way adjustable truss rod / two reinforcement bars come standard. 25" scale length

Since the scale of the Carvin neck is .25" (1/4") longer than your plans, move the bridge back .125" (1/8") away from the 12th fret. Double check by measuring from the 12th fret to the nut and then from the 12th fret to the bridge. Those two measurements should be equal.