Squier History

hello2day

Squier History

The following is information I found on eBay, and found interesting. It does not mention anything about Samick.

I know that some Squiers were made by Samick, and Musician's Friend used to offer a Rogue Strat that was made in the Indonesia Squier factory. It has Rogue by Squier on the headstock. I think the bottom line is who gives Fender the low bid to make them. I have seen Squiers from Japan, Korea, China, and Indonesia. I'm not sure if there were ever any Mexican made Squiers.

One of the most unsual Squiers I've seen had the standard "Fender" logo in large letters on the headstock and "Squier Series" in smaller letters. It is not uncommon to find used guitars in pawnshops and guitars shows, that are cheap Squiers that someone has installed Fender necks, or even worse, a Fender decal. I've seen some pretty convincing fakes. This allows the seller to subtitute a plywood body for a good solid one, and keep the better electronics, while ripping off the buyer. This is why Epiphone changed the shape of thier headstock, to prevent fake Gibsons.

In 1982, the Fender division of CBS established Fender Japan in conunction with Kanda Shokai and Yamano music.

:Dhttp://www.guitarz-for-ever.com/Ultimate-guitar.html

Production of Squier instruments began in 1983 at Fugi Gen Gakki in Matsumoto, Japan.

What was intended as a European Commodity soon became a way for Fender to provide entry level instruments.

Squier Bullet guitars and basses were originally produced from 1983-1988, and only recently revived.

They originally featured Telecaster-style headstocks with "Squier by Fender-Bullet/star" logos.

my first electric was a squire bullet, like you mentioned with the star logo. it was nice. i still have the body. the neck fell victim to an "around the world" gone wrong. the body is a solid piece of alder, hence my reason for keeping it. it was made in the ibanez factory by the same hands that made the 80's ibzs. i had a fuji strat that was better than any of the american ones until like 96. those squires are nice bargains and good quality insturments, for the price. although squires of late are very beginner quality.

what are you talking about????

First, my tele is a fender squire made in mexico, and it was baught brand new from a retail location, fenders have been made in mexico for quite a while.

The japanese line of "squires" where designed to be a budget models for the fender line, but ended up being almost as good an instrument for half the price, and affected they're american line profit which was one of the reasons they where cut, something to which i can actually contest, my uncle has one of the early japan strats and it plays beautifully, better then some of the 1500$ "american deluxe" models i've played in shops.

EDIT, beat me to it speedy :D