More progress on both guitar builds to 6/24

I stopped over to Tim's again last night and did the necessary drilling to get the neck mounted and did in fact mount it up... The previous night, I mounted all of the hardware... the pickups which I routed for, the bridge, and the tailstop. I can actually string it now and check intonation to make sure I don't have to re-locate the bridge for any unforseen reason... This guitar balances perfectly (!!) and is remarkably heavy for a semi-hollow... It will weigh in at I suspect just under 8 pounds!

I have a few more holes to drill yet which I should get to tonight and I need to figure out exactly how I want to re-shape the neck heel where it mounts up to the body. Holes needed are for the input jack, the Sperzels, and the electronics cover screws.

I also strung up the prototype last night although I am still waiting for the 3-way switch for it before wiring it up. Here are a couple of pics of the two guitars side-by-side! I haden't strung the prototype fully yet as I needed a new set of strings (my old ones wouldn't reach the in-line headstock machines).

FatherAndSon03.jpg

FatherAndSon04.jpg

Boggs

Did you just ask me how many cookies you had in your mouth right now? :D Boggs

:D Thanks, man... I couldn't help thinking of that commercial for some reason...

The poor old ugly duckling prototype (the one on the right in the picture) is finally wired and COMPLETE!!!!B):D :D I have to tell ya, that is the most comfortable, playable guitar I have ever had in my hands and I think it might even surpass the Holdsworth Fatboy in that regard!!!! The thing sounds awesome at least through the Genesis I and headphones... Absolutely killer on about every setting or pickup combination... I suspect it will be my favorite to play even over the padauk/mahogany piece mainly due to the weight... The prototype being made from cheap old pine and even cheaper old European plywood weighs nothing... expecially hollowed out as a semi-hollow that it is. That guitar makes you want to play! I think it sounds better with the maple neck... It can be less dark and has more spank than when I had the mahogany neck on it. I am so psyched and now I cannot wait to get the other one done. For sure, neither guitar is going to be forgotten...!! Boggs

...And now for a sound clip of the prototype...

A couple of clams, but not too bad. For some reason though, when I save the wav file to mp3, it seems to overload causing a lot of clipping that is not in the raw wav file. I don't get it... Anyway, here's the proto with Beef&Boggs... I tried to go for a more Metheney-esque tone. The tone pot was rolled back a bit for this one.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/Cyb...efandBoggs1.mp3