will this cause any problems

You mean, put the truss rod in from the back, so the fretboard is also the 3 laminates a la Tele neck, but with different woods?

Don't see why not, but I probably wouldn't use mahogany or any wood that's too soft in the neck; maple, purpleheart, or walnut, though, would look rather righteous!

i believe thats what they do on an all maple neck. however i believe they cut the fretboard out and then route for the truss rod. then glue the fretboard back on. (same block of wood)

Nope. They route out the back of the neck and install the truss rod from there. This is where skunk stripes come from.

You have the both- the truss rod from the back (Skunk Stripe) and the separate fingerboard versions e.g Warmoth necks Warmoth

If you make a three-piece neck you can route the tunnel into the middle section sideways - then you have no skunk stripe or no separate fretboard!

(If you are going to use a softer wood than maple, rosewood or ebony you should use jumbo frets to avoid excessive wear on the fingerboard!)

That's sort of what I've done. :D

After I stuck my neck laminates togerther, when I took the neck for bandsawing I had a fingerboard blank cut off my block. I've made the neck and installed the truss rod, now all I have to do is stick the fingerboard back over the top.

I've got a maple:zebrawood:maple neck and fingerboard. Should look damn funky, the zebrawood gives the impression that the neck is a bit wavy and warped (or maybe it is a bit wavy and warped B) )