Humbucker Help

I see no one is jumping in here. I think the best thing is to go ahead and buy your pickups and then use the measurements to make your routing templates. Alternatively, there are templates in various guitar making books or available for sale on line, etc. Hope this helps.

I tried to make a drawing but it is very rough. Maybe it will help some. Hope the bad boys of CAD don't hurt themselves laughing, but I tried. The best way still is to use the pickups or a template. I used these dimensions to make my own template for standard size humbuckers (Duncans) and it worked fine.

humbucker.gif

Seymour Duncan has all the detailed dimensions for their each pickup in their website. But other brands like EMG may use slightly different dimensions.

http://www.seymourduncan.com

If you're planning to use standard size humbuckers like PAFs or Strat size single-coils, you can count on Duncan's dimensions. And remember that humbuckers for tremolo bridges (fender, floyd rose) are slightly wider than the gibson size humbuckers. Because of the string spead. Just route a cavity that has enough space for both.

Seymour Duncan's Trembucker series and DiMarzio's F-Space humbuckers refer to the tremolo bridges.

johnsilver, as far as I have seen, it is common practice to explicitly point out that a posted drawing is not proportionate.

It would be kind of nice if you said that about your drawing. Especially since you mention the word CAD in your post, it's not very difficult to think that that picture is properly proportioned (if that's a word).

Thanks for the feedback on forum protocol guys. I'm still new here. After I posted my first response, I decided it wasn't very helpful so I tried again. I don't know anything about CAD (that reference in my post was to point out that my little drawing using the paint accessory on my PC was about as far from a CAD drawing as you can get). Anyway, I believe the dimensions to be accurate. I didn't make them up.