Pickup Combo for this Warlock spruce up!

Docaroo

Hi guys,

I recently bought an Ibanez RG1570L, and so I decided to experiment with my previous and first guitar, a BC Rich Black Warlock Platinum.

I've jsut finished sanding down the wood, and am going to start wood prep, painting, and finishing etc.

While i'm at it i though i'd refurbish the guitar and get it pristine so i'm gonna put in new pots, switch, jack, wiring etc and pickups!!

So, I want to buy a new pair of Humbuckers to replace the stock V7/V8 set in my Ibanez (then put the V7/V8s in the warlock...).

What do you guys reckon I should use?

I'm thinking Dimarzio would be my preferred make... maybe Evolutions or something like that!

I play Maiden, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody, Strato, Steve Vai, DragonForce, Gamma Ray, etc,etc! I've even spoken to Herman from DragonForce before and he uses Evolutions!

I'm looking for a good solid sound that is usefull for this style of play - and with palm-mutes and harmonics that kick you in the balls and tear your hair out!!

Any ideas mateys?

I'm a Maiden fan my self and I had the same combo that Dave and aAdrian uses, the Jr JB and Cool rail, and an HR1 in the bridge, and I never could pull of their sound, and be able to get the distortion you mentioned on the end of your thread,

" I'm looking for a good solid sound that is usefull for this style of play - and with palm-mutes and harmonics that kick you in the balls and tear your hair out!!"

Now I have

DSC00743.jpg

KH21, and I get anything I want out of it, so is up to you, but I will go with EMG's, unless you plan on playing a lot of clean stuff, then I will say that I don't know how, but with passives you get a better feel.