i just started playin about a month ago, and now i'm looking for an Ele. Guitar. One of my friends is selling a cheap one so i think i'll buy it and then build my own. Some questions i have though are about cheap kits, i want to start with a cheap kit before i do anything else, i want to learn how a guitar works and so forth.

Question: Anyone know where i can get a cheap kit for a strat or something? i'm not really into tele's at least at the moment. Or maybe an old ele. parts guitar would work too. anywho for a kit i'm not looking to spend anymore then $120 but i was hoping for a better one then the $70 kits on ebay.

Thanks for your help!

Colin

Hi Colin and welcome to the forum :D

The kit's on Ebay are a hit and miss, I can say that cause I deal with them myself. As far as the Start Style one's go there are fewer problems than with the Telestyle one's.

Anyway have fun learning there are a ton of people here to help you out and share idea's.

What kind of music are you starting out with while your learning to play?

I've learned some Nirvana, Hootie, Top Gun Theme (intro) and some other little riffs. I want an ele so i can learn Sweet Child 'O Mine though. After that i'm not sure, i'm kinda stuck now 'cause i don't have anyone to help me out at all and i'm confused. I'll figure stuff out though!

Thanks for the help and if anyone has any more info let me know!!

Thanks again,

Colin