Neck through meets set neck

I posted a thread about the sg Im making somewhere (cant remember) but my problom was that I want to make it a neck through for many reasons including the fact that it adds more sustain, the draw back was that Im using goncalo alves for the neck and swamp ash or mahogany for the body and as it is an SG a laminte top wouldnt look good but I want just one wood type on top. Some one sugesed that I make the body out of one peace then cut it in half so I have a top half and a botom half and hten route a slot for the neck in the middle. To me this sounds alot like a set neck rather than a neck through but because the neck is extending almost all the way through the guitar would this have the same tonal qualitys as a neck through or would I be better going with my idea of simply planning off a bit on the body part of the neck and putting a laminate strip just on this part.

Yeah but does the finish work with a veneer because the black has to soak through the grain and also does a vineer change the sound?

Could I use a real y thin peace of vineer thats only 1 or 2 mm thick?

good bolt-ons or set-necks can be just as good as a neck-through.

in fact, there neck-throughs that don't sustain any longer than a bolt-on guitar. it's all about quality and the time you spend to make sure it's a good attachment. this is coming from other people on the net, plus it's from experience.

my three cents.