Hi everyone, I've been searching for some info guitar building for some time now. Thankfully, I finally stumbled upon this place. I've been wanting to build my own handmade electric guitar(s) now for a couple years, but was hesitant because there wasn't anywhere to turn when questions arose. I think the existence of this message board will finally give me the boot in the behind to start building some instruments. I'm trying to find some nice wood right now. Im pretty impressed by the work of Drak, rhoads56, and a bunch of others.

I'm not much of a woodworker, but it has been an interest of mine for a long time, I just never had the money to invest in tools. Also, I used to be a pretty serious about airbrushing years ago, so i have all the gear buried somewhere around here for custom paint jobs..

anyhow, i guess you guys can expect a myriad of annoying, stupid questions very soon.

Welcome to the board!

If you anything as good as LGM at airbrushing, then your guitars will turn out to have KILLER paint on them

Remeber, use the search function on the board, just search tools for guitar or soemthing, and it will give you a whole page on the minumum amount of tools you need (they are router, sanded, some kind of saw and a drill press (not overly needed, but very nice) )

Curtis

You used the word "myriad" in normal conversation. I have a feeling we'll get along just fine.

Most of the basic questions about guitar building have been answered, so use the search, and make sure to search all posts ever (there's a menu for how far back to search.) If you have anything you can't find using the search, post the question (and mentioned that you searched first; people will love you) and we'll be happy to answer.

Oh, and one other thing: never underestimate the effectiveness of a Google search.

Welcome! :DB):D:DB):DB)