waterfall

I am planning to do a waterfall inlay down part of a pau ferro fingerboard

The 3D inlay technique sounds very interesting and I was wondering if

I cut different depths into the wood at appropriate points will it enhance the 3D effect

Instead of using the nylon sheet Brian used

I'm using plastic and some mother of pearl for rocks and branches and stuff

If I cut different depths into the wood at appropriate points will it enhance the 3D effect

:D ggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr B)

Hi,

I have a question. And maybe I misunderstood the original post. If I did I apologize in advance.

If I understood correctly, the idea is to cut into the finger board to different depths, so that the inlays are different depths below the level of the fingerboard. Is this correct? If so, then wouldn't the fingerboard be rough and uneven? I would think that this is a bad thing, not a good thing.

Again, I apologize if I misunderstood.

Guitar Ed

Still looking for that essential clue in life.

Hi,

I have a question. And maybe I misunderstood the original post. If I did I apologize in advance.

If I understood correctly, the idea is to cut into the finger board to different depths, so that the inlays are different depths below the level of the fingerboard. Is this correct? If so, then wouldn't the fingerboard be rough and uneven? I would think that this is a bad thing, not a good thing.

Again, I apologize if I misunderstood.

Guitar Ed

Still looking for that essential clue in life.

i think what he means is rout the cavities for the inlays at different depths so the clear material on top of it will be different distances from the actual "picture," giving it a wavy effect

well what pick gaurd. If its a strat and your going throught the wood it might mess the wood up in heat or coolness but if its not going throught the wood its fine. Actually forget what i said it shouldnt be a tone or and issue at all if your not building an intire acrlyic body. Forget what i said