Throw Away Your Television

erikbojerik

sounds like some sort of weird combo of doubling and weird metallic (as in tinny, metal sound) distortion... I could probably get a similar sound on my Zoom 505... theres a metallic type sound on it by default that I could try with a delay or doubling to maybe replicate something similar?

OK I've found it...

setting E4 on Zoom 505 is similar, not perfect... would need some tweaking, but you could get it... its called "Step Jet" ...

the main component in the sound is a mixture of a step effect and chorus...

step effect is defined as "This effect introduces a filter which changes randomly, resulting in an auto-arpeggio sound"

enjoy trying to get the sound you need :D can probably re-produce it on most multi effects pedals, from Zooms to BOSS's etc..

Yeah, I just tried a Zoom 505 for the first time in the store yesterday; the "step" function sounded pretty close, but I had only 20 minutes to check it out.

It seems that JF's effect adds only 5ths and octaves above (and below) the original note; is there any way to dial in the note intervals or step timing on the Zoom?

if your gonna go for a Zoom then make it the 707 mk 2... you'll regret getting the lower models, I have... the 707 mk 2 allows you to store a lot more patches as well as storing recordings onto smart media cards, has a fairly decent drum effects for backing... overall it kicks ass over the lower models... If I didnt need a new amp so bad I'd buy a 707... or a BOSS GT6... lol... but alas I wanna build a guitar, and I need a bigger better amp... so no new effects for me for a while :D

I'm already pretty happy with my effects set-up (172 memory banks for patches), but it does lack any kind of tremolo and any kind of "step" or auto-wah type features. So, I could go with a dedicated tremolo unit and the ZVex Ooh Wah (for ~$600) or go the cheap way (Zoom 606 for ~$100). Still not sure yet, it will depend on how much control I have in shaping the effect with the Zoom (requiring a longer test-drive).

If the 606 is anything like my 505, which I believe it is, just with the in-built expression pedal (which you can build for the 505 with a cheap volume pedal and a few leads :D ) then the options available for the step/auto-wah are VERY limited... probably better off with a seperate pedal if your planning on using it a lot...

I dont think it really gives you the options of how often it repeats, at what octive etc... its a low-end multi-fx pedal, not some $600 BOSS B)

but hey, might as well annoy some guitar shop owners trying it out hehe

but hey, might as well annoy some guitar shop owners trying it out hehe

Oh man....I almost can't walk into a guitar shop anymore, certainly NOT after the schools let out. The noise is unbearable! I can only go like at lunch time on Monday...NEVER on the weekend. What a zoo!

I think I'm going to save my pennies for a dedicated tremolo and the Ooh Wah.

Oh man....I almost can't walk into a guitar shop anymore, certainly NOT after the schools let out. The noise is unbearable! I can only go like at lunch time on Monday...NEVER on the weekend. What a zoo!

hehe, its SO true... generally I go in the day time, but the place I go to isnt really near any schools, nor is it in the city center... so its rarely packed with kids...

I have this really bad problem where my fingers turn to jelly when I'm put infront of a massive ass amp to test out a guitar, my playing goes to pot, I cant even play "Iron Man" properly... lol... and when you hit some bad notes you feel so UTTERLY bad cus the guys in the shop and any other customers can hear everything... totally bad... testing out equipment is my pet hate! lol

wait if its a zoom 505 i would know. I think he used a 606. thats what i have

you get a few more tweaks from it then the 505. The 606 has a pedal built in the 505 and has like 5 more tweaks to it or something like that.

i dont think john frusciante would be caught dead using a zoom