New Guitar

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thik the body shape looks a bit award, it looks like somebody had an sg and took a few bites out of it . if thats what you want then go for it, but IMO it looks akward, id think about making the shape flow a bit more. also, the 2 curves. (waist curves) seem too elangated. I think that if you want to use this kind of shape, symetry is not your friend.

my $.02

the 2 curves. (waist curves) seem too elangated. I think that if you want to use this kind of shape, symetry is not your friend.

You are right. when you play it (sitting down) it might not be very comfortable. So I might rework it, or I might just comeup with somthing new. Sounds like a late night to me. :D oh well. i'll be back.

P.S. I want it to kind of look like a bat if anyone has any ideas.

it looks better, but still kinda akward with the identicall circular cutaways at the bottom, maybe for some influence look at some batman planes from the movies they usually look quite nice. im thinking yu should elaborate on the first shape, though, it could be made to look quite nice,

the first headstock was ok, and much better then the second one.

oh and a cad drawing to be used for your guitar should take some time, i put in a good 6 or 7 hours into the drawing for my upcoming bass project.

my $.02

hey russian, could you do a quick drawing on paint or somthing? cause i don't know know how i would make it non-symmetric. Maybe it's late or somthing, i dunno. I would be most thankful if you (or anyone for that matter) could halp me. (I'm not that creative. :D )

Monkey -

Awesome Idea, I think i will paint it black and yellow, with gold hardware and stuff. Thanks for the idea.

i made it but i couldnt get the image on the forum sorry. I googled it then took the pic and make it perfect. Then it wouldnt load on the forum. Sorry. Take the pic and save the logo on the computer. Open the CAD file that russian gave in TurboCAD for free from the same site. Then once you have the cad drawing up then you go to insert, then picture then the logo from your computer. Blow it up to the neck size then fill in the lines that were coverd by the white background on the logo. Now save or fix the measurments to the right size.

aww

i just deleted turbo cad

Sorry. Plus i didnt know if you wanted with the yellow oval or without and if you wanted the silver rim. Its really late here in LA so im calling it a night on CAD. Ill try and help tomarrow. I just am ammazed at that design. Make it a flying v style or LP style electronics. That guitar needs a nice LP warm sound

Yeah, I was thinking about doing somthing like the V. But most likley not exactally like the one i put up. And about the controls. I'm either gonna do the other one I put up, or 2 humbuckers, 3 way selector, and only a mater volume. Cause like Eddie Van Halen once said, "I don't know anybody who uses those damn tone knobs, on a guitar anyway."

Here is the new body, and the headstock with the batman logo. I think it's better looking with the logo. and the whole thing looks good when you see it all together.

Im thinking about doing the batman logo as an inlay, instead of airbrushing it.

(if this looks framiliar, i kinda modified the flying v blueprints off of guitarbuild.com :D )

batfull.jpg

batheadstock.jpg

batbody.jpg

I LOVE the idea of the batman-type guitar! Very unique.

For the headstock, howabout kinda taking the LP headstock shape, and then raising up the two side points, as in your second headstock design?

For the body design, what aboutmaking the points on the ends longer, and then going shorter in the middle, to make it look a little sleeker?

You're giving me all these great ideas for guitar designs!