New Guitar

ok my take, the second drawing of the newer ones where you posted 2 at a time, is sick, as is the first of the v headstocks, now that i look at it whiule ignoring the lines from the original v headstock, really makes it sick. i was thinking more of a rr v offset kinda body style but the symetrical v looks quite nice.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you chopped off the wobble bits and flattened them you could do, just have to stick some wings on. See if there is a tutorial of a gibson somewhere because the headstock is wider than the neck and wings have to be glued on.

But even if you put a vaneer over the top you'd still see joint lines in the back of the headstock (unless you're very good at glueing). If you're buying a neck you can get them with uncut headstocks so you can shape your own.

Hey, does anyone know if I could convert a strat style headstock into the headstock i want? it would save me money, and time (maybe)

I'm thinking no, because your headstock is a 3x3, and a strat style isn't even close to a 3x3. What i would do, is cut the strat style headstock off of the neck, and glue on a new peice of wood and cut it out into the shape of batman.

the right and left dont match, also, you should make the legs to where the joints keep protruding out, so it would be more like the legs are coming out of only 2 joints instead of 8, i dunno if you get my drift though, like the base of the legs keeps on moving out as you go to the different legs, you should make it go IN if anything. check it out:

spiderguitar.jpg

um they are not suposed to match. Its for the comfort

the bodom is round off because it sits on your lap

the top is edged because it will be eaiser to rest the arm on

unless i smooth both sides or edge both sides.

its for playing perposes

shreddy, your idea would feel a lot worse playing than mine. No offence