New Guitar

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shreddy, your idea would feel a lot worse playing than mine. No offence

well since its a concept guitar, it wouldnt really matter "how it would feel" although it does count, most people playing guitars like these dont usually practice on them, and the only time most people play sitting down (unless they are into acoustic and soft stuff) is when they are practicing, and a spiderman guitar usually doesnt go with acoustic/soft rock, so when your playing it you are most likely going to be standing up, which is when comfort isnt AS big of an issue as sitting down.

well since its a concept guitar, it wouldnt really matter "how it would feel" although it does count, most people playing guitars like these dont usually practice on them, and the only time most people play sitting down (unless they are into acoustic and soft stuff) is when they are practicing, and a spiderman guitar usually doesnt go with acoustic/soft rock, so when your playing it you are most likely going to be standing up, which is when comfort isnt AS big of an issue as sitting down.

well did you read my next post

Well i decided to smooth both sides

and expand the guitar a little.

true dat

ok. I printed the design full size and the guitar body feels good. I cut the shape from the paper to the poster baord and tried it. Its very comfortable

Oh and Shreddy, if you can get me gibson LP guitar neck, i can give you a neck for your Batman guitar. Its a 3 by 3 that is made so you can customize and cut your own neck.

At the beginning of this thread, I was prepared to think, "Er, that's crappy, dude." But by the time you were up to your more recent revisions, you had fired up my imagination, Shreddy. I think you've got a potential winner on your hands. Your most recent headstock is king, and the body is ALMOST there. I like the general shape of the bottom, but I think it could be more "V"-like by having the outsides a bit longer, keeping the middle where it is, and adjusting the other pointy bits to fall into place.

Gotta say, though, monkey-- I'm not feeling the spidey tribute just yet.

Greg

ok, i took the image of the V body and put it into Turbo CAD, then i copied the lines from the V CAD drawing over the photo, and re-adjusted it so it is the right size, and then i resized the CAD body so the neck pocket was 3" by 2 3/16". So i'm pretty sure i have it right now. The I checked the dimensions of the body and it said it was 17 1/2" by 23". Is this right. Any one own a V and could confirm this size?