holoflash finish for a flying v

keverev

im making a flying v thats based off the gibson faded v (except for the finish) and i just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas of a cool finish that would match the shape of the v. i am not putting a pickgard on so i will have more room for the finish. i was thinking something with lightning coming from the humbuckers or something. i just want some ideas and if anyone has a picture or something of a good design. thanks

neck-thru body guitar all honduras mahogany with an ebony fret board

mainly black finish with chrome hardware (dont know if im going to use pick up covers or just black humbuckers with black pickup rings)

want to use the holoflash finish that brian wrote a tutorial on at Holoflash Finish

just need some ideas for the finish or anything else thanks everyone

Welcome to the forum keverev :D

I hope to have another tutorial up in the next few weeks shoing how to do a different style of holoflash just like the holojem FP but in a pinch if you use pinstrip tape or simular objects to block the finish from being painted you can do one pretty easy without a mess to level off later.

Cut out a design in clear contact paper and put that on the guitar before painting it. YOu can get pretty detailed with that stuff.

Or, if you know/can hire a sign maker, they have cool computerized machines that cut out detailed designs in stickyback sign paper; if you gave them your design drawn full size, maybe they could cut it out and stick it on the guitar for you? The computerized aspect would allow for immense detail while still not taking immense amounts of time.