Pickup positioning...

LaFeeVerte

Okay.. I've been complaining about too much bass from the neck position... could it be because I install the neck pickup with the south coil closest to the, well, neck, and the bridge pickup with the south coil towards the bridge?

Like this;

-----------

South Coil

North Coil <--Neck humbucker

-----------

-----------

North Coil

South Coil <-- bridge humbucker

-----------

If I faced the neck humbucker the same way as the bridge humbucker... would it cut the bass? Or no? I know it's a dumb question.. but I'm also a Rapid Cycling Bipolar Alcoholic Insomniac with no job, so don't ever expect much from me ;-)

:D

s.

I'd have to remove the pickguard/strings... or else I would :-( Maybe since I'm selling my burstbuckers in my Tele I'll just try it in that.. I could probably get the p'guard off without destringing..

Well, I have humbuckers in my SG, 2 of my Teles and my strats (minis).. and I have the bass problems with all of them :-/ It's not my amp either.. it just might be me being picky, I guess.. I dunno. With distortion it seems to go away.. but.. clean they're just too damn bassy. heh.

Yeah, it might be, I guess. I used to have a Marshall CD100MR (or something like that) and a crap cabinet.. and it was horrible with that.. I've since gotten a Fender Dynatouch Stage 160 combo.. and it's still bad.. but I guess not as bad. So maybe I just need to keep buying more expensive amps until it cleans up. lol But my Stage 160 does have a really nice clean tone (retains it at high volume, as well).. except when a neck humbucker is selected. heh. lol I need sleep, it's been 2 days. blah.

Well, flipping your pickups that way might have put the part that the manufacturer thought would be the high end under your lower strings, and that would explain the bassy sound. I do obviously not know if you are sure that they are mounted the correct way around, but if you are not, try flipping them, and see what happens.