This Week In Ryan's Pockets Re-release

Hey all, announcing the rebirth of TWIRP - This Week In Ryan's Pockets, my blog. Recently I converted it to CSS so I could update the layout easier, as well as create skins (the skin selector is at the bottom of the "Links" section (red), or you can just click the header image to try a random skin). The best way to access it is through:

www.twirp.tk

although going through that domain messes up the skin selector in Internet Explorer (by the way, it is best viewed in anything but IE, because IE doesn't support CSS standards.. and just kinda sucks :D )

So I'm looking for some feedback, layout-wise (even content-wise), and you guys seem to be pretty critical of websites, so I'm looking forward to it. As a side note, all the graphics (except some header graphics that I bummed off Digital Blasphemy) and layout sheets/scripts are original.

Some background info: I launched TWIRP a little over half a year ago, as a comedy blog based off the idea that the contents of my pockets might reflect events in the news, or.. just be funny to talk about. The result of some complications, I failed to update it for over four months (and even before that the updates were few and far apart). But I plan to change that with the re-release. In fact, I'm going on vacation next week and am planning to keep a daily diary with photos of my trip on TWIRP.

So any feedback, positive or negative would help quite a bit. Thanks!

Nice one Ryan...always impresses me what you are capable of. It worked on my IE by the way, looks fine and a nice idea...TWIRP...hehehe

I am really getting into some of the audio podcasting that's going on...there seems to be some kind of quantum shift in media. One might think that the contents of a young man's pockets is not that important, but the cumulative effect of everyones lives is more news to me as I suffer through my own, than the sensationalism of the mainstream.

Great idea too...my life can be tracked by the content's of my pockets and the bank statements, movie tickets and the like I fish out of my expanding wallet. One day I will call all the numbers that I have kept without names on them, just to find out who they are (a bad habit of mine), there are so many!!!

Anyway, looks fine and keep up the exercise....don't you get dizzy riding round and round half way up a wall? Keep it up and keep thinking and sharing, you have a talent...but I told you that before... pete

I scrolled down and found the candy SWEDISH FISH…I need for you to send samples. I have newer ewer heard of those and I demand that I get to do the official approval. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Thanks for all the feedback on TWIRP (although I truly wish more of it were negative). I am almost done with my vacation, and as promised, have been updating daily from my Pocket PC on random stolen WiFi.

So I thought I'd check in from Bozeman, Montana, where I have set up my own network off of the hotel's in-room wired ethernet using some dated access point I purchased for a song in Oregon. Fun times.

Cheers, all

Enjoy Ryan, I wish I was so well connected...WiFi???!!!!

Anyway, I'll have another look at it and think of something negative....

For music lovers, or lovers of songs, people may wish to check out What they Sang to Me...this is one guy's feelings about various songs, the lyrics and such, and what the significance of the song on a very personel level. Would be song writers may wish to check out what he says about that G'n'R track...not flatering...but he does everything from dylan (very moving, If you see her, say hello) to Van Halen (one of my fav tracks Little Guitars).

I'm loving the diversity of new audio media coming out, exciting times and something for everybody once you sift through the dross!!!

So, I will revisit TWIRP, mainly I like the concept of a comentary of pocket contents...I'd extend it to what is in complete strangers's pockets...just go and ask people to empty them out and explain why they are carrying this stuff around...but then I might get beat up, or be exposed to a few too many firearms if I were over there...

Carry on... pete

UPDATE: I just got back from the vacation, and the daily journal was a hit! I had a lot of fun updating it, and thank all of you for your support. Keep looking for more (normal) updates in the future!