Soldering Gun

canuckguitarist

i'm talking about 4 minutes total. pen heats up. personally i reccomend putting the soldering iron on the joint for about a minute to heat up both joints so you dont get a bitchy cold joint. then i put a SMALL amount of solder on the iron, let it tin and run down the iron until it gets to the joint. then once i see its attached the two i use a little more and a little more. this to me is the best way to avoid excess solder on your joints which can lead to some serious issues down the line. I.E bumping into something else can fry maybe not in a POT or a pedal but in the computer world 2 misconnected circuits screw the part. i've soldered many pots in my day and i'd have to say this is the WAY to go. Especially with teh grouning sleeve. if you mess up your grounding you're also screwed. the pot might not work, but if it does and one littlle bit of electromagnetic shock comes off your p/us you probably totally burned a potentiometer out. same with any other part on a guitar