Lignum Vitae As A Fretboard

Would increasing the glueing surface area work, such as cutting 2-3mm rabbets down the length of the neck with corresponding tongues in the fingerboard?

I suppose long dovetails down the length of the neck/fingerboard would be out of the question :D

lol, I thought of that too :D . It might be more trouble than it's worth, though.

The glue I found is this (or something similar):

http://www.rotdoctor.com/products/thea.html

I never thought of using Gorilla Glue. I always heard it dried too soft to use for fretboards. It's worth a shot, I guess.

I plan on buying a piece and trying it with different glues. I actually heard one guy say that rubbing fresh garlic on it works (it's a method of glueing metal).

Edit:

Turns out real lignum vitae is going to be my new Brazilian rosewood. It's been banned from import in the US because it was over-harvested when they used it for machines and such. The wood I'll be using is Argentine Lignum Vitae, which isn't actually related, but is apparently the same color and has close to the same properties (not quite as extreme, though).

So, it might actually be a bit easier to glue.

Edited by NotYou