New Build

Got started on this today, will do the scarf joint on the neck on Thursday, I have too much going on right now.

Neck will be mahogany, Body will be sapele, top will be paint grade maple. I am not sure what color I am going to paint it. But I got the basic design on there, and routed for the toggle switch, I am going to run the wires through the neck pickup into the bridge pickup cavity into the control cavity, much easier to do it this way.

This is an original design of mine.

DSC02889.jpg

DSC02885.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally a little progress, body is cut out and done, neck has been scarf jointed and just need to route the truss rod channel, then I need to figure out what electronics configuration to use and then get started on all that.

Btw, the curl looks more impressive in this pic than it actually is. But I decided to let my wife decide how she wants it, so it may not be a goldtop anymore, whatever she wants is what I will do. I have to admit, for this to be for her, it sure is a heavy bugger.

DSC02909.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...