Appletree Vee

Okay finally got my a** of the ground and started building my first guitar. Actually it is my father who has done most of the work, as h is most skilled with the tools(being a retired carpenter and all...) He whipped out the old chainsaw and had a go at my appletree log... then we put it on the tablesaw, but it was too small to cut through the log so we are going to talk to a neighbour who has a bigger one... And no it is not flames or any fancy figure in the wood, its only marks from the chainsaw. the dark line is from where we cut with the tablesaw...

And i think it is a very hard wood. the sparks were flying, and my dad used a long time to cut of one of the sides. we didn't want to use the chainsaw to cut the rest, because it takes out way too much wood, and its difficult to get a straight edge...

anyhow this is my first build, and to my knowledge the first in this forum from appletree, so this is an experiment in more ways than one...

and here is the page to view it all...Killah