Hard to find IC's

daveq

I've been searching for a few IC's for a project and am having trouble finding some of the chips. I actually found a place that listed a couple of them but I got an email saying they are out of stock and the chips are discontinued.

Does anyone here know of a reliable place to get hard-to-find IC's? I live in the US.

If the actual part numbers are important, let me know and I'll pass them along - I'm just basically looking for a place that specializes in selling discontinued or hard to find IC's.

Thanks,

Dave

I've been searching for a few IC's for a project and am having trouble finding some of the chips. I actually found a place that listed a couple of them but I got an email saying they are out of stock and the chips are discontinued.

Does anyone here know of a reliable place to get hard-to-find IC's? I live in the US.

If the actual part numbers are important, let me know and I'll pass them along - I'm just basically looking for a place that specializes in selling discontinued or hard to find IC's.

Thanks,

Dave

yes the actual 0part no.s are important i get tons of free crap from all over the world.. what do you need?????

i have about 30 boards that are siting in my junk drawer alone that have chips since the dawn of ic time.

drop me an email for quickest response. i will also crossreference with other people the sites to find the stuff easiest.

ansilgregory@yahoo.com

digikey.com will have just about any new IC you need. Keep in mind that just because the IC has been discontinued doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There is almost certinaly a chip just like it (but with better specs and/or cheaper/ smaller size, etc.) that replaced it.

Any reason you want/need the actual old chip?

Well, the biggest reason that I was trying to find it is that I can't even find a datasheet for it. In the worst case, I could have used it without knowing much about it since I had a complete schematic to work from.

I've been using digikey and mouser for a long time but since I couldn't find the specs on the original, there was no way I could buy a newer chip and be sure it would work properly.

As it stands now, I've decided to do without it and substitute a different type of circuit to do basically the same thing (if I understand the purpose of the chip in the first place).

Thanks anyway.

I'd also like to thank Lovekraft and Ansil for helping and spending time on this with me via PM's. Those guys are extremely helpful and generous with their time.

heres the pinout and a bit of info from my buddy R@bbit on the diyforum.

"HI Ansil! I told u that I have a book where is a little info on this HA12017

So THE PINOUT

1 OUT

2 n.c. (You know that there is no second pin)

3 BIAS

4 -Vcc

5 COMP

6 IN+

7 IN-

8 +Vcc

This chip is clasified as HI-FI very low noise preamp, It needs +/-24V (Nominal)

If u need typical application just say. I can send u a scan.""

also paul perry said he would airmail me a copy of his book with it in it.