Bridge string-to-string spacing

The first Gotoh hardtail bridge at the top of this page looks about right for my project. The little schemtic shows the string spacing is 52.5mm E to e and then the description says "bridge tailpeice assembly for single size pickup".

I cant find any other hardtails with a narrower spacing so i'm inclined to think this will be fine to use with humbuckers as well.....anyone disagree? If the spacing is slightly too wide, i guess i can always place the bridge humbucker slightly further away from the bridge to help the pole pieces to line up(?)

I don't know what they mean with 'single size' pickup but it's definately suited for humbuckers. It's the bridge ibanez uses, like on this RG...

rg3271_up.jpg

but I would rather go for a bridge with a 3 screw mounting pattern under the saddles, like on this fender.

0101680_md.jpg

The 3 screw version looks better, and the place of those 3 screws is exactly where the tension is. With the gotoh version the tension is on the back 3 screws, so youĀ“ve got the tension on smaller screws.

They are string through the body design, so most of the string tension is focused downward across the saddle. The screws are just holding the position. Their placement is irrelevant.

I thought about this and you are right. The bridge wants to go down (obstructed by the body) and towards the nut (which it canĀ“t because of the screws), so all the screws come in to play. But I still think the 3 screw version looks better.