crate blue voodoo 50 head & gfx212 amp?

amdmonster

i just recently acquired a crate bv50 head and i currently have been playing on a crate gfx212 solid state amp. I was told that you could use the gfx212 for the speakers cause i haven't gotten a cabinet. They said that i should be able to unplug the power cord on the gfx212 then run the speaker cable from the bv50 head to the ext. speaker on the gfx212 but this dosen't work to well. I have also been told that you could rig up a speaker input head and strip the wires on one end and plug the wires onto the speaker connectors on the gfx212 speakers and leave it unplug. Has anyone heard of doing this are anything like this. I will be buying a cabinet but just not at the moment maybe a few months from now, but i would like to be able to try this head out for a while to see if i like it.

A lot of crazy people is doing this, and I seen an unplugged amp come up in smoke because of it. I don't know what he did or how hw plugged it, but it burned. I would suggest you unplug the speakers make you a wiring harness from the BV to the speakers and use it like that, besides, you wouldn't want to burn you $400 GFX when you can get a Crate 4X12 for $249. It won't be the BV series, but it will do better than the 2X12's.

The G412

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guit...ase_pid/487711/

here^.

And to get the impedance that you need for the head, (Crate is 16 ohms) just wire the 2 12's in series, since they are both 8 ohms. Get a 1/4 cable and strip the ends, one from the tip to the pos on 1 speaker and the other from the ring to the neg on the other, then connect the 2 loose terminals with another cable. I got no electronic drawing program so I can't show you a pic, but I bet somebody will post one soon.

Edited by Maiden69

thanks for the info maiden69 i give it a try i also checked that cabinet out my local store dosen't have them in stock at the moment. said in a few days they should!!!

Where are you? If you are in the states order it online, if you go to your local music store they will rip you off. they usualy over charge!