trying to make first guitar

I need to know some stuff about making ales paul solid body guitar. I dont know if you have to have like two layer or you just hollow out the guitar to add all the electronics. Also, if someone could give me any tips on how to arch the top it would be cool. I allready have the basic design but any information at all would be helpful. Also, what kind of wood is good for the body? PLEASE HELP!!! :D

First off, do you have any wood working experiance?

secondly, use the search button, type in various keywords and i guarantee you will get at least 5 or more hits on recent threads

Good luck, if you still cant figure somethin out, dont be afraid to ask

Curtis

I need to know some stuff about making ales paul solid body guitar. I dont know if you have to have like two layer or you just hollow out the guitar to add all the electronics. Also, if someone could give me any tips on how to arch the top it would be cool. I allready have the basic design but any information at all would be helpful. Also, what kind of wood is good for the body? PLEASE HELP!!! 

Wow

You would be doing yourself a favor (as well as everyone else) by searching through old posts before asking questions this broad. Most people are not going to take the time to answer them. You will find a lot of info here but I can tell you that asking question like "how do I build a guitar" will not get you anywhere. Spend some time checking out this board as well as the tutorials on projectguitar.com. Then if you have specific questions ask away. Im not trying to be rude or discouraging but for the regulars of this board seeing questions like this over and over again gets kind of annoying.

To answer your two questions below you could say that 1 3/4" is roughly standard thickness. Most Fender guitars are that thick. As far as wood is concerned, go to http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfm

This will give you a good idea of what to expect from just about any type of wood you could use for a guitar.

Good luck :D