Hey all! Newbie here! :)

Hey All!

Newbie here. My name's Cory and I found my way here after being pointed toward Brian's site for a veneer tutorial. I really like the feel of the forums here with what seems like a tight-knit group of friends.

Me? Uh... I've been makin' music off and on throughout my 36 years and I worked my first major mod on an Electra Explorer when I was about... 14, methinks when I refretted Mighty Mite neck (with the help of the old man, Al, from across the highway) that was given to me, replaced the pickups, tuners, switches and controls, installed a Schaller bridge with fine tuners I got out of the Carvin catalog and refinished the plywood body with several coats of Krylon. :D:D Truth be told, that was the baddest sounding and playing beginner guitar I've come into contact with since then.

About ten years after that, I actually made an attempt to make a living with guitars that I built. I gave it up because I was starving to death. B) When all was said and done, I was getting paid about $3.00 per hour for my labor. Which is prolly about what I was worth when it came to building guitars. The guitars weren't anything special, really. I would purchase necks that had rather large profiles and reshape them to customer's preferences and build the bodies from templates that I'd made from the guitars I had at the time. I certainly was not a luthier. Hehe. :D But... I was (somehow) managing to eek out an existance building guitars and playing in bands. This would not have been achievable, however, if my diet had consisted of anything other than Beer and Top Ramen. Hehe. B)

Flash ahead about about 12 years... I'm now a 36 year old guy who stilll plays when he can and finds himself on disability for several months with a few tentative back surgeries, my undying love of music as well as the instruments I play (guitar, bass, keys) and a LOT of spare time. I'll be working on instruments for a while and trying to sell them for some sort of profit along with teaching music privately so that I might be permitted to provide a larger menu for my wife and daughters than I had the last time I did this. :D

Since I picked up the guitar again, I've had a chance to record a couple of noodles you can listen to if'n y'r insterested. Feel free to offer up some criticism and/or comments if you care to.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/uncleosmusic.htm

The Mark

A really heavy tune in Drop A with seven strings and a dastardly topic. B) it's a really fun tune, IMO. I'm the guy on the left side.

Funk Jam

I funky kinda 'shreddy' noodle I did over a canned backing a while back.

I look forward to getting' to know you folks and hopefully contributing to what y'all have here whenever I can. Most likely, however, I'll be a question asking fool for a while. So please allow me to apologize in advance... I'm sorry. B)

Much Love and Respect...

Cor B)

Edited by Uncle Os

Thanks for the welcome guys! :D

bluespresence Thanks for the comments on 'The Mark'. You hit it right on the head, Senor! The initial riffage was written with the intention of achieving a Zakk-ish sound. I had quite a bit of fun with that one with Rory and Eric. B) Makes me feel good to share it.

Thanks again for the welcome, guys. :D

MLAR, Cor

Edited by Uncle Os