New Tutorials on my site

ansil

http://www.geocities.com/austenfantanio/pvc.htm drafting table done from metal pipe sections.

http://www.geocities.com/ansilgregory/sandingbooth.htm

Pvc sanding booth with cheap vacum ventalation while you work.

Ansil- great idea on the booth. I like the "Toxic Waste" barrel. LOL

Suggestion: add support members (horizontally) mid-way on each wall, the floor, ceiling and door. I'll try to do an ASCII version here:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

O...........p.....................O

O............l.....................O

O............a....................O

O.............s...................O

O..............t...................O

O...............i..................O

O...............c.................O

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

O..................................O

O...........S.....................O

O............h....................O

O.............e...................O

O..............e..................O

O...............t..................O

O..................................O

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On smaller cu.in. or cu.ft. structures, it's not really necessary, but with your 5' x 7' walls, some support in the center would be a good idea. It's a lot like the design for the face of your drafting table.

An X-support/lattice structure would be nice, but since we're doing cheap&easy...

How does the ventilation system work exactly? Screen door material won't filter out sawdust, something along the lines of furnace filter would be better. Also, I'm wondering how the motor is actually situated in your design, something filtering out sawdust needs to be explosion proof, dust collectors tend to be driven by a somewhat external motor driving a fan. Maybe I'm way off here?

hmm yes i was thinking of this since it is wall powered so i decided on actually going with a vaccum cleaner motor instead the original one actually pulled out most of the dust what it actually did is take the airborn dust from flying around the air and pulled it to the floor where the exhaust fan was. and they make many many guages of screen door material i didint know how fine it could go until i went to home depot and looked around they had some that had trouble letting anything through it was so tight.

the main thing the actual exhaust was for was in case something got past the screen it wouldnt' just fly out in the shop as there is a record store up front and i can't afford [or stand] to hear them complain even when the stuff i am cutting and or grinding or sanding is for them.

Kevan i like the idea of adding the support in the middle. and i think i will add it in when i get the glass tonight. right now i dont' have any support on the middle section over by the bathrooms that covers the shop entrance over on one side and i fear that someone who is stupid will try to walk through it [again] somoene who wasn't used to it being there walked smack into it.

also a side note on my version for myself since i am using glass i decided to go with my original idea i had some 4*4 wood left that i am using for the base and for the sides and this will join up top with the wooden shelving up there. i have taken a skill saw and ran a cut all the way down the wood so i could have a channel to hold the glass and i will be siliconing it. as for the top i am either going with lexan or with heavy plastic as i am leary of having glass above my head that close to me 9" away from the top of my head. and i decide to go with a glass door also which will be double attached to the frame and the shelf that runs up top. see i have a 8.5foot shelf that runs the lenght of the whole building on both sides. that is supported by 4*4's and also via the bolts into the concrete walls. i will try to draw a diagram. so there is quite a bit of stuff to hook into.

i got more stuff coming for ya. but right now i would like to direct your attention to this as its diy and about guitars also i think its quite interesting for anyone who is into computers and guitars and electronics. its quite easy works well and is one of those forhead slappers that makes you go........ why didint' i think of that..

http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtop...p=167433#167433

Hay Ansil, could I incorporate the CD player into the amp and have the CD player and guitar all comming through the amp so that I can play over the top of some music?

Any problems with getting 5 and 12V off the normal power supply?

I quite like he idea of an amp with a CD draw in the front :D

Hay Ansil, could I incorporate the CD player into the amp and have the CD player and guitar all comming through the amp so that I can play over the top of some music?

Any problems with getting 5 and 12V off the normal power supply?

I quite like he idea of an amp with a CD draw in the front :D

pics work fine it is either a bandwidth thing a photobucket thing at the time you were looking at it. or its on your end. thanks for the info though.

yes you can do this hotrock but you need a sort of summing amp to get them at the same level and blend it otherwise you would need to to take it in the fxloop section of the amp. you can get a 12v powersupply. and as long as it has adequate amperage available then you can just add in a 5v regulator in there as well and do that. personally i just did the whole 1meg 1meg 1mfd voltage divider thing and it worked fine. but a regulator woudl be a beter way to go.

Nice one Ansil. Once I've stopped being shafted by my bank and actually have some money to spend on something other than food (and the occasional beer :D ), I'll be in touch again and we can sort this amp out. I might hound the missus to sort me one for christmas, or I might ger her one for her birthday :D .

Hopefully by then I'll have decided on fx too and we can sort it in one big expensive swoop.

Good luck with the projects B)

One minor modification I would suggest is the following for dust collection. I work in the nuclear field and cover work on systems with radioactive contamination and we use a system similar to the picture for doing work.. It keeps the vacuum relatively clean and for just sanding, etc, you can use a cheap 5 gal bucket from Home depot or once you've used all the laundry soap from one. You can even line the bucket with a bag to make emptying it easier.

It's simple to make as well.. you can use any type hose for the section between booth and chip collector. A nipple that matches the vacuum hose is all that is needed for that connection.. Simply drill large enough holes in the bucket and epoxy the connections on.

Also on the outlet (vacuum connection) You can put a filter or a simple box to keep sawdust out.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/8430...ipcollector.jpg

If you have any other questions, my email is wolfcoast69@hotmail.com

Enjoy

Randy

Edited by wolfcoast