les paul customs

bigdguitars

Look for anything by Lisa Sharken. She's a freelance writer who's been in all the major guitar mags, and does a helluva setup on a Les Paul. She's also a Marshall freak (we joke that her headboard is a couple of 4x12 stacks...and has a coffee table built out of JCM800s. LOL).

She hosts a guitar chat every Monday night at 10PM on AOL. Unfortunately, you have to be an AOL member to get in. Lots of regulars in there too....with some insane amounts of vintage info.

Lisa knows LP's in and out. Look up her books when you get the chance.

I am going to start collecting guitars as investments.... at least thats what I am telling my wife.

I want an older LP but I want to know more about them. You know doing my DD, like some of us do hear.

Specifically I want to find an older LP custom that has a three piece neck, but non pancake body.

need to know type of info.

I want an older LP but I want to know more about them.  You know doing my DD, like some of us do hear.

DD? Sorry, you lost me here.

IMO your best source for this kind of info would be a post at the MIMF with a title like 'Paging John Catto - LP custom info'. That guy really knows his LP history...