Wahooo!

genbloke

I've been informed that my Warmoth neck will be arriving tomorrow. It's taken exactly a month for my neck to be made and exported over here in England :D (not bad IMO).

Spec is shorter 24-3/4" Scale, 22 Frets, with a 10 1/2" radius. Materials are flame maple, pau ferro fretboard with abalone dot inlays.

I won't be able to put any finish on it for a few weeks (lack of spare time) so my question is how is the best way to store it to prevent warping? My idea was to remove any tension from the truss rod, then wrap it up in a plastic refuse bag, is this a good idea?

Ta

genbloke

Edited by genbloke

I'd just leave it in the original packing and put the box in an area with stable humidity. The neck will only warp if you don't finish it before you start playing the guitar, but even then it will probably take a while for that to happen, if it ever does.

Just don't take it out and lean it against a wall or something :D

My idea was to remove any tension from the truss rod, then wrap it up in a plastic refuse bag, is this a good idea?

For future referance, if you put anything wooden into a plastic bag, it will gather moisture and cause it to let the water soak in, if left in the bag for a long period of time

If you dont bleive me, then grab a plastic bag, go out on a decent humid day, and leave something in it, paper or something, make sure it dont blow away, i bet that if you left it out from morning till late afternoon, the bag would be wet on the inside

Curtis