Jackson Roswell Rhoades

Iron Maiden

JAC-RoswellRhoades.jpg

[THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL COLOUR]

WHAT YOU SEE HERE IS A JACKSON ROSWELL RHOADES. 42 IN THE WORLD, OFFICIAL RECORDS SAY THERE ARE BETWEEN 35-38 STILL WORKING. MINE IS METALLIC BLUE, DUNCAN DESIGN UNCOVERED HUMBUCKER. MOTHER OF PEARL CROP-CIRCLE INLAYS. 22 FRET, BOLT ON. THE NECK AND HEAD ARE ALSO METALLIC BLUE.SOUNDS INCREDIBLE AND LOOKS SEXY. INCLUDES MOLDED HARD CASE.

SERIOUS OFFERS: WILL DELIVER TO ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD

:D

I was going to be nice and keep quiet because I figured Scott knew that already.

The RWR Roswell was mass produced, although you don't see too many of them around. The ORIGINAL RR (First picture) was only produced in a small quantity (I don't have the number). The RR Limited Edition was only produced in '92 and is easily recognizable by the 6 on a side tuners, it's only in white and 200 were manufactured.....this is 3x3 which makes it the RWR. It's also blue sparkle, the RWR was available in blue sparkle or black. It Blue Books at $685 MINT, $575 at 98%, $525 at 95%, etc.......

Still a nice axe! It's just NOT "one of 42 in the world"....one of 42,000 maybe.

No offense intended. Just don't believe everything you hear about guitars unless you have the facts to back them up.

I too was awiting for someone else to speak up first-

I rember when the aluminium roswell model came out... I rang my music shop- they estimated a price- I got my finaces sorted out- only for the shop to ring me back to tell me they were abot $6000 Au, instead of his projected $3000.

Obviously, as a 16 year old at Dominos, a $1500 loan from my partents plus my $1500 hard earned Dominos money was going to be a stretch- I couldnt justify (or afford) $6000 for a guitar.

Anyone know how much they are worth now? I wonder if I would have made a profit or not. Oh-btw- how much was he asking for the ultra rare wood model?

Luke

Edited by LukeR

I personally think thats a pretty fugly guitar :D

I guess the aluminium one does have a pretty funky space vibe going for it... looks like something out of the jetsons B) but the blue one certainly doesnt have that vibe :D

I too was awiting for someone else to speak up first-

I rember when the aluminium roswell model came out... I rang my music shop- they estimated a price- I got my finaces sorted out- only for the shop to ring me back to tell me they were abot $6000 Au, instead of his projected $3000.

Obviously, as a 16 year old at Dominos, a $1500 loan from my partents plus my $1500 hard earned Dominos money was going to be a stretch- I couldnt justify (or afford) $6000 for a guitar.

Anyone know how much they are worth now? I wonder if I would have made a profit or not. Oh-btw- how much was he asking for the ultra rare wood model?

Luke

We probably drooled over the same guitar. Did the rounds of all the major jackson dealers in OZ, before being snapped up by Daniel Johns from Silverchair. Yes, it was AMAZING to play.

HAHAH! Yeah it must have been! I saw it in Brisbane (cant remeber which shop). Ididnt get to play it, being 16 at the time. Guitar Crazy in Sydney had one a whiole ago (second hand). It sold very quickly- I dont know how much for.

I actually have a friend who is an aluminium welder- he said it probably wouldnt be too hard to make a copy, however, he doesnt play guitar, so i wonder how 'exact' the copy would turn out.

I didnt realise that it was the same guitar Daniel Johns owned though- I rember it added insult to injury when i saw HE had one! (I wounder if all the negative vibes young Australian musicians sent him back in those days caused him all his problems).

But yeah, a great guitar, and it would have been nice.

luke