Trem Bar too loose..

alrite i am tony, i just got this guitar yesterday. i dont really no anything about a floyd rose so i need help on something: when i got this used 540r after i get home i put the trem bar in and its super nicely tighten, but the the thing just on the out side of the bar is really lose to the actual bridge what do i do?

Please slacken the strings before attempting to remove the trem....

Please!

i don't see why...all you do is pull the bar back,take te springs off,and slowly let the tension of the trem release,then pull it out of it's hole

i have never had a problem doing this,and then you don't even have to retune

Pull the bar back,take the springs off,and slowly let the tension of the trem release,then pull it out of it's hole...

True, you could do it that way.

I personally prefer to take some of the tension off.

I don't slacken to the point where the strings are hanging off the neck (which is a nice look, btw B) ), but just enough to make them "soft".

But that's just me.....

:D

Pull the bar back,take the springs off,and slowly let the tension of the trem release,then pull it out of it's hole...

True, you could do it that way.

I personally prefer to take some of the tension off.

I don't slacken to the point where the strings are hanging off the neck (which is a nice look, btw B) ), but just enough to make them "soft".

But that's just me.....

:D

i swap out pickups alot...and sometimes i want to swap out an 81 for an 85(or vice versa) just after i have changed the strings already....so that is how i do it...generally the strings even stay tuned if i leave the nut locked(maybe a little fine tuning at the bridge)

on my sabre i can swap pickups without even taking the trem off...but that is because i snip off the ends of my height adjustment screws

I cracked some finish while first trying to dissasemble my Steinberger R-Trem, because I didn't know exactly how it was constructed. Anyway, that thing rocks!