Light Tuners

Hey Wes-

Let us know what you think about the Grover Sta-Tites (here)...after you get & install them, plz.

I can use some, maybe.

(thanx!)

Edited by rick_here

Well yeah, those are your standard 6 in-line tuners, but like Wes, I have a neck heavy guitar (mine's a strat), which sounds great, so I would never sell it until I would have at least 2 strats that sound as good to replace it. I also prefer nickel over chrome, and I don't really like the idea of my tuners having gobs of grease packed inside them. And I'd really like to have an 18:1 tuning ratio if it is as superior as I have been led to believe.

And the reason I need new tuners.... Pisses me off !. I have those Fender tuners with the pin instead of a screw to keep them aligned, if anyone knows the ones I mean. Well, the bushing nuts would every now and then somehow vibrate loose, so I would tighten them. Finally, from so much repeat tightening, every tuner broke. The cylinder part that goes through the headstock sheared right off the rest of the tuner body. Now my favorite strat is out of action and I know of no tuners for sale that make me want to run out and buy them ( that includes running over to my wallet to get out the credit card for online guitar parts gorging).

I'm only pissed off at tuners, not what anyone wrote.

....correction, my above post....

The Planet Waves Auto-Trim Locking Tuners are actually bigger than the Schaller Lockings...and, therefore, are prolly heavier.

PS, soapbarstrat-

I have those tuners on a Mexican Strat of mine...but must be "lucky" with em. I'm shopping for Tuners (for 2 or 3 projects) and will keep an eye open for ya....

Edited by rick_here