Light Tuners

Check out the thread about Soloway guitars here. There's a link in there somewhere to the open back Sperzels Jim uses.

And you all rag on the new guys for not using the search button B)

actually i searched that thread before i posted this topic...that thread is the reason in the first place that i was thinking of lighter tuners for the neck heavy lp copy i just bought.i also ran a google search and a yahoo search on open back sperzel guitar tuners,but for some reason i get nothing but trash

there is no link in that thread to the tuners he uses,although he does name them.i just can't find a place to buy them

and i also want other ideas as to what might be an even lighter tuner.so ,even though your point about searching is something that everyone should try first,it is not really applicable in this particular case.understand? :D

After looking thru the forum on Virgin Guitar pics I saw this and thought you might be interested.

BC Rich

Now That would be a lite headstock.

yeah the new speedloader.i want to put that on some of my guitars in the future,but it is better to do it on a pre built guitar because of the tuner holes you would otherwise have left over

Check out the thread about Soloway guitars here. There's a link in there somewhere to the open back Sperzels Jim uses.

And you all rag on the new guys for not using the search button  :D

actually i searched that thread before i posted this topic...that thread is the reason in the first place that i was thinking of lighter tuners for the neck heavy lp copy i just bought.i also ran a google search and a yahoo search on open back sperzel guitar tuners,but for some reason i get nothing but trash

there is no link in that thread to the tuners he uses,although he does name them.i just can't find a place to buy them

and i also want other ideas as to what might be an even lighter tuner.so ,even though your point about searching is something that everyone should try first,it is not really applicable in this particular case.understand? :D

Actually the link is in there. 8th post. http://www.tkinstruments.com/

understand? B)

wow,it must really bother you that i found less expensive tuners that look to weigh less than those that you love so much :D

i am the kind of person that does not just buy from the first site that has a set of tuners.i like to shop around and if i can't see a variety of sellers to make sure i am not getting overcharged,i will not buy

if you just buy the first thing that gets mentioned ,more power to you.but that is no way to shop

You won't find any sources for Sperzels with the selection that TK has. You'll notice his prices match other vendors prices for sperzels (actually his are a little cheaper), only you can get stuff from him, you can't get anywhere else. He also has excellent service.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

You won't find any sources for Sperzels with the selection that TK has. You'll notice his prices match other vendors prices for sperzels (actually his are a little cheaper), only you can get stuff from him, you can't get anywhere else. He also has excellent service.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

hey guys...thanks for your help.but i don't think you understand...i wanted the LIGHTEST POSSIBLE TUNERS to balance a neck heavy les paul copy

those tuners you guys are talking about are not as light as the ones i found...grovers by the way,and they seem to be high quality.and it happens that they are less expensive AND they have the vintage look that you want on a lp copy

win,win,win as far as i can see

there is no use in me buying an only slighly lighter set of tuners than the ones that came with it.neck heavy is neck heavy.

i only wish i could have found a set of all aluminum tuners

Adding to the mix...does anyone know anything about these?

Planet Waves Auto-Locking Tuners

They "look" light...but I'm wary about that "automatic string-cutter" (myself)....

Hmmmm