Bc Rich 101

Strings to the Max

The great guitar years were from 1971 to probably 1984 - but this applies only to the neck-thru quality wood USA guitars (Seagull, Bich, Mockingbird, Eagle, and the later Warlock, Ironbird, Wave and Virgin). After '84, a lot of the "USA" bolt-ons were made from Korean parts and assembled here - the QC was good, so they're not bad guitars, but they certainly aren't the quality of Bernie's work. The early NJ series were good solid guitars made in Nagoya, Japan, but that name was later used for a line of Korean imports, and the Metal series (Platinum, Bronze) are also Korean (Samick?), and about the same quality as entry-level Epiphones and Squiers. The stuff made at the Hesperia "factory" between 1992-93 and Bernie Sr.'s death in December of 1999 is easily of the same quality as the early production, but the value has been tainted by the import garbage recently released as BC Rich. BC Rich is currently owned wholly by Davitt & Hanser, and no members of the Rico family are associated with the operation.<end history lesson> :D

No offense, but why do you want a Gunslinger? They were poplar-body bolt-neck Charvel/Jackson/Kramer knockoffs with a cheap (Wilkinson?) tremolo, and while you can probably pick one up cheap, that's because that's about all they're worth. Dont get me wrong, they're not bad guitars if you can buy 'em at the right price, but there's no particular mojo attached, so I wouldn't pay more than a couple of hundred bucks for one. Call me a snob, but I have zero interest in the Gunslinger. YMMV B)

the old Gunslingers are good guitars, although i'd go after a BC Rich Assassin, they're neck thru and have basically the same shape, besides the Bich, which Neal Moser designed www.nealmoser.com , www.mosercustomshop.com the classic models are the Warlock ( my personal favorite of all guitars) the Mockingbird, played by such ppl as Slash ( he even had his signature model) Tracii Guns, etc, the Beast ( designed by Deicide's Brian Hoffman) and the V models played by Kerry King, personally, i wouldn't order ANYTHING from their custom shop, it's sad...but all i've heard lately are horror stories...if you can get anything made before 2000, and even better, from the 80's you've scored a nice guitar, but the ones with the MOJO, are the ones made in the USA, neck thru body, and made before 1985, when Neal Moser was there

:DB) Thanks For schooling me,very well done!! I know all about Neal's web site .

I wonder if he would make a Rich Bitch Custom, You know change a curve here and there. I'm sure that Copyrights get in the way

That's funny you mentioned Assassin I already have one and noticed that the reverse headstock is the only Major dif. Your advise Is exactly what I wanted To know

Thanks Again Guy's !!! :D

Max!!!