My Band is Editor's Pick!

rokstr

Hey there everyone! I'm pretty new around here and I'd like to get your opinion. My band has just been selected as one of the Editor's Picks on The Washington Post MP3 site. If you have the time check it out and let me know what you think. I'd love to get the perspective of some fellow players...

I actually have two bands listed on the site. "Urthgirl" was the one chosen by the editor, and "The Urthmen" is my other band. Check 'em both out. You can also go to our websites, they should be up and running tonight or tomorrow. We've had some changes in the bands and are changing the sites.....

Rock on!

http://mp3.washingtonpost.com/index.shtml

Urthmen Site

Urthgirl Site

:D

i'd love to comment on it but my computer cant play music . but if you want to check out my band and let me know what you think that would be cool.

www.rootedmusic.com :D

hey thanks , on the clean channel i used a 69 fender dual showman thru a butler 4x12 celestion loaded and on the dirty i use a mesa boogie dc-5 and it kicks!

for the clean on propaganda i ran thru a smallstone phaser then a digitech delay then an old meastro phase shifter to get the reel wirly sounds. for guitars i used my Prs mcarty soapbar formost and i used my 61 SG also there are alot of tracks so i was able to track both instruments and mix them up a little.

were gonna be recording our new stuff soon, that stuff is all our old material. we now have enough new songs for an album. our new suff is more like TOOL meets Audio slave meets system of a down.

• 1 month later...
hey thanks , on the clean channel i used a 69 fender dual showman thru a butler 4x12 celestion loaded and on the dirty i use a mesa boogie dc-5 and it kicks!

for the clean on propaganda i ran thru a smallstone phaser then a digitech delay then an old meastro phase shifter to get the reel wirly sounds. for guitars i used my Prs mcarty soapbar formost and i used my 61 SG also there are alot of tracks so i was able to track both instruments and mix them up a little.

were gonna be recording our new stuff soon, that stuff is all our old material. we now have enough new songs for an album. our new suff is more like TOOL meets Audio slave meets system of a down.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the clean guitar on If You was not the 69 Dual Showman, as it blew up... IN MY FACE.

It was either the Musicman, or the Mesa. But I could be wrong... My memory is not so good.

I DI recall the the Mics were a Studio Projects C1 about a foot off the cab, an SM57 right on the grill, and a Rode NT1 facing the opposite wall (which was used during the solo, panned opposite of the SM57.) All were run into a PreSonus mic preamp.

See Rye, I DO have a memory. I think.

ya, iuma is a nice site, and unlike mp3.com u don't need to enable cookies or sign up with ur email everytime u want to DL someone's songs :D

http://derekneil.iuma.com

i'll check out ur guy's's music tomorow..

rokstr, i like the guitars in urthgirl a bit better, nice and heavy, but the singer isn't as good as urthmen...

rooted, propaganda does have some crazy effects and echo's going on, that's pretty cool :D

thanks derek, id listen to your stuff but i dont have a computer that will let me listen to music on it(it sucks bad!!!)

i dont consider myself a really good guitarist :D so i like to use cool effects! B)

were are in talks about recording soonprobably in two months once we get enough money fromour gigs saved up, we'll go in and do probably 10-12 songs. it will be fun! i love recording!! of course i hate haveing to pay for it :D

rokstr, i like the guitars in urthgirl a bit better, nice and heavy, but the singer isn't as good as urthmen...

rooted, propaganda does have some crazy effects and echo's going on, that's pretty cool :D

thanks man. that song is actually the heaviest tune Urthgirl does. most of the other stuff is more pop rock. we use a lot of acoustic guitars in that band. Urthmen is the fun hard rock band.

thanks for checking it out!