Lookie What I Got

GEdwardJones

I was gonna buy this for myself for Christmas but I ended up spending all that money on my wife. So I got it yesterday instead...

DCP_0579.JPG

DCP_0580.JPG

DCP_0581.JPG

The flame isn't the super 10 Top* esq deal from the picture on their website, but it's a good 3A-4A IMHO. The neck is both norrower (boooo) and fatter (YAAAAAAAYYYY) than the Ibanez necks I'm used to, but it's thinner than my Epiphone neck (boooooo) really comfy.

The pickups surprised me. I thought they'd be a lot more shrill, but they sound good and do a passable jazz tone. Overall, in less than 24 hours, I like it, I like it a lot.

*Kevan always has a minor conniption whenever someone mentions "10 Tops" because there's no such thing as a "10A" top. This is true, the "10" in the PRS "10 Top" refers to the "top 10%, figure-wise, of PRS tops."

Guest AlexVDL

Pics are working fine... and oh man, that's a pretty nice guitar you got there!!! :D

It looks better than the pics from the website! Damn... the looks beat the hell out of an epiphone!

Just a little work on the headstock though... but otherwise I'd prefer this guitar over a Gibson :DB)

I wish Santa dropped by this year and left one of those nice amber flametops at my house... :D

I'm not a big fan of the pickup covers (which weren't in the picture online) but I think that they cut some of the shrillness of the ceramic magnets, making the pickups sound better. Other than that, I can't really complain about the looks at all. Even the headstock (which I thought would bug me) really doesn't bother me that much.

I don't know how it stacks up against Gibsons and Epiphones, but taken on its own it's a VERY NICE guitar. The quality of the workmanship seems top notch, the playability (literally right out the box) is great, don't know how durable it's gonna me, but it's *SOLID* and *HEAVY* like a Les Paul should be.

basically, I'm happy.

Looks sweet, any idea how much it weight's?

both my wife and I are guessing about 11 pounds, but I don't have a scale, so I can't weigh it properly. It's pretty dang solid.

I'd be interested in knowing how thick the maple is on it, but it sounds spot on like you'd think a Les Paul would, so I'm not too concerned.

Now I hate you LOL J/K Very nice, take good care of your baby :D

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful Axe!!! Here's the one I got in April. I love this guitar:

http://www.boomspeed.com/jreilly37/AgileLP.jpg

My other guitars are feeling neglected. I now use my Strat for Open G tuning and my poor Jackson has been in it's case since I got the Agile. My SG still sees a fair amount of playing time especially when I'm in an AC/DC mood. I think the actual weight of the Agile is 10 lbs.

Well, I finally got mine today. All I can really say is "wow." Best $300 I ever spent (I got a case with mine). Here's my observations after about a half an hour play time...

The centerline of the bookmatching is off by about 1/8" on mine, but it's not enough to bother me. The neck isn't off, nor is the bridge (I measured it), but the centerline of the maple misses the centerline of the pickups and tailpiece by - like I said - about 1/8". I'm still happy, especially since I know how little I paid for this thing. :D

The fretwork is decent, about equal to that on Epiphones. They need a good polishing, but the ends are smooth. It only feels a bit rough when I bend, which tells me that a good polish in in order.

She's got a fairly decent weight for an LP, I think mine's a bit on the light side, weighing in at 9 pounds even. The body is ONE-PIECE mahogany, with a maple cap. Later I'm going to pull the pups out to see how thick the top is.

I think the bridge pickup is pretty weak. I'm getting a great Paul tone out of the neck pickup, but the bridge is sort of letting me down. I'm going to tweak my amp settings and see if I can't squeeze a little more juice out of it.

All in all, it's definitely a good thing. I'll seriously consider another Agile guitar in the future...

~d~

• 2 weeks later...