My First Refinish

This is my first attempt at a refinish. Bought the guitar on Ebay for $60.

I will be getting some hosted space so I can post links.....here are 3 pics or her before anything is done taken by the seller.

There is NO sealer or clearcoat or anything on it. It was spray painted and strung.

(She looks a lot worse in real life...believe me)

oct00035.JPG

oct00041.JPG

oct00039.JPG

Not sure how long the pics will be active as they are from the link used in the auction.

At this point, she is about 60% sanded. As I have had no luck getting filler (and it needs it bad), I will be ordering it from ReRanch when they are back on the 9th of November.

Going to use a Multi-Tone metallic auto paint to finish it off. I have autopaint primer and sealer.

I love browsing this place...and if this goes well....might go from scratch mext time, I have a few ideas flopping around in the few brain cells left :D

This one look's like fun any way take your pic's to [www.Photobucket.com] its a great place they will host your pic's for you and it's free. if you want to restore the guitar back to it's former glory then the head stock must be restored but if your

just fixing it up so that it's looking good again leave the headstock the way it is well mabe just a bit of rework. I think it could look good again so good luck and keep us posted!!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Oh ya one more thing lose that bridge I just dont think it look's right on that guitar try a schaller or a floyed rose or mabe a Gotoh vintage style tremolo

and new pickup's EMG's would work and look great!!

!!METAL MATT!!

Guest AlexVDL

Mako did make set necks, also great solid body les pauls and explorers etc. This is definately no BC rich, regardless what the decal says. I have played 2 exact the same Mako bich guitars, both same headstock and set neck construction. Both plywood. Maybe you're lucky with the solid maple.

BC rich also never made such a trusrod adjustment on the headstock, not even the low budget types.

Also, this type is set neck was never done by bc rich.

B)

But still a good deal for $60 :D

Mako did make set necks, also great solid body les pauls and explorers etc. This is definately no BC rich, regardless what the decal says. I have played 2 exact the same Mako bich guitars, both same headstock and set neck construction. Both plywood. Maybe you're lucky with the solid maple.

BC rich also never made such a trusrod adjustment on the headstock, not even the low budget types.

Also, this type is set neck was never done by bc rich.

B)

But still a good deal for $60 :D

Its definatly not a rich. Might even be a hondo. Im trying to remember which BCR knockoffs used that headstock. Ill check it out later.