Special Epoxy For Cocobola?

Simo

I've just ordered a couple of bookmatched 1/4" Cocobola tops. I understand from what I've read here that it requires wiping down with Naptha before glueing beacuse of the high oil content, but I stumbled across this on http://www.driskillguitars.com/

"Cocabola takes special epoxy due to its extremely high oil content. This epoxy is specially made for cocabola and has oil in the resins. I tried regular epoxy on some test boards and it delaminated. "

So has anyone used this 'special' epoxy? if so who makes/sells it? :D

B)

Whatever you decide to use (I use lacquer thinner myself, it doesn't dry as fast as naptha does, giving me more time to wipe more oils) wipe the CRAP out of the C-B before you glue it. I mean wipe it over and over and over, don't be shy.

PS, I use Titebond myself for C-B.

This is what I use for Cocobolo, Zebrawood, and Purpleheart on my gunstocks.

Brownell's Acra-Weld

It's a very strong epoxy... strong enough to withstand the recoil of magnum rifles.

Or you could do what Drak recommended. If it works for him, it should work for you.

D~s

Edited by Dugz Ink

Gorilla Glue works great. I use it to laminate necks and bodies. I use titebond on fret boards and headcaps. I know a highly regarded acoustic builder that uses gorilla glue on almost everything. You can get both at home depot if your itching to get it glued up right away.

Gorilla Glue works great. I use it to laminate necks and bodies. I use titebond on fret boards and headcaps. I know a highly regarded acoustic builder that uses gorilla glue on almost everything. You can get both at home depot if your itching to get it glued up right away

I'm from the UK :D I'm not sure who stocks it Gorilla Glue over here, and I'll think I'll find a new supplier for Titebond. If any Brit's can recommend any other shops that stock it please let me know B)