Neck Problem

I have a Jackson DKMG, and I took off the neck to do a little work on Saturday (the 13th). I got it back on and tightened it as far as I could, but it is still a hair loose. Why would this be? I brought it to the guitar place near my house yesterday (The 17th), but it won't get looked at untill Tuesday! So, I really have two questions:

Why wouldn't the neck get tightened?

Will having no string tension on the neck for this long have any negitive effect on the neck? (I.E: Back bow...)?

The body holes SHOULD be a little big to allow for shifting, for 2 reasons:

1. Humidity changes to allow the wood to actually move a little

2. To actually allow you to adjust the neck alignment.

Usually it's just that paint gets down in the holes and fills them up, but they should be just slightly bigger than the OD of the screw thread.

I've found that if you thread the body you reduce the chance of it creaking, and slipping out of alignment while you're flailing around on stage. If it moves even the slightest it throws you badly out of tune. So I like threading the body, but a good solution that gives you the best of both worlds is to drill out two opposing screw holes, usually treble front and bass rear. Then you install those two screws first, which clamps the neck down hard into the neck pocket. Next, install your two "tight" screws for a good lock into the body.

Or check to make sure you didn't leave a pick in there. :D