Some New Progress Pics

Alright guys, here are some new progress pics. Ths is my "dry-run" putting all the pieces together. I still have alot of sanding to do prior to finishing, and I'm not sure if I like the neck shapng yet or not. It still feels a little "fat" to me.

The Fat Strat pickguard was not what I wanted, but I am tryng to keep costs down on this first project. I really envisioned a black S/S/S pickguard, matching Fender noiseless single coils, but I can do that later.

I tried to give some shots of the neck to show the fret work, but they didn't turn out too good. I am not a photographer !

The inlay is Abalone dots. The tuners are Schaller Mini M6s. The pickguard is the original off of my MIM Fat Strat, with a Lace Sensor that I placed in the neck position.

Please feel free to critique, but take it easy on me ! This is my first build after all !

Progress Pics

(not sure why, but in my browser, the pics first load up really large, then resize after the pic is downloaded, may be a problem for dial-up users)

Edited by Fender4me

Thanks xebryus ! I am thinking that I will just use a tinted grain filler, like a Walnut color, then sand back to just get the grain to "pop" out, and then finish with a clear nitro. That was my thought anyway. If all else fails and that does not work out, I will sand back and paint it a solid color.

Yes I did the neck myself, but I am not quite satisfied with it. I may do some more

shaping to thin it out some more. Like I said in my original post, it still feels a little fat.