Help needed with Tele headstock

Brian,

Thanks for your help, but I got thousands of Tele pics.... :D

I was hoping if someone could set me up with a Tele headstock outline drawing that's 100% accurate.

The various Tele drawings I took from the net are all far from accurate.

Coen

Guest AlexVDL

Hi Coen, did you check the download section under coreldraw files?? I have a fender headstocks template drawing.

Precision bass, 70's strat, normal strat and tele.

I think it's 1:1 but I'm not sure... but the outline is accurate. If it's not 1:1 scale, just scale it using the measurement of the nut = 42 mm.

I hope this helps!

:D

whoho!!! Thanks Bear.. that's what I'm looking for!!!!

Alex, yeah... I have that file, but wasn't so sure that the outlines were correct. I just checked the drawing in Coreldraw and compared to Bear's pic, you're outline is a bit smaller.

Coen

Hi Coen or Alex,

I have a question.

Is there in the download section or the advanced section anything of an explorer 'type' guitar.

If so, is it for me possible to get a look at it? Should I contact Brian?

If not, no worries, rules are rules.

I'm not an advanced member.

Gerard :D

when i want to copy a body outline i take a picture,take a piece of posterboard and just make a freehand drawing of the body to the size that suits me best(i prefer smaller guitars for the lighter weight).i know that's not what you want but i try to make my guitars as comfortable as possible for me.

after i draw it i cut it out and make sure it looks good and is the size i want and then i trace it onto my wood.

Hey Alex..........wanna fight!!!!! :D

Your right about the difference tho, my outline is a 2002 Tele Deluxe. Vintage size is slightly different as you can see.

Take your pick man, technically either one is correct B) Ive owned a re issue and a friend had a late model deluxe, they're like chalk and cheese, two very different necks.

Guest AlexVDL

Hehehe come on... I'm a heavy weight :D

Yeah I thought so Bear... by the looks of the machine heads you drew it couldn't be a vintage or reissue style. Though I was thinking about it being a USA standard or mex standard headstock, but tele deluxe is ok too hehehe B)