Project Kramer

ok so i got to work on my Kramer body and neck this afternoon. I am in the process of stripping the paint(which aint going to well) and i have fixed hte head stock. It was really funky from a router accident with the previous owner:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/AlG...er/DSC00586.jpg

^the body+neck before stripping.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/AlG...er/DSC00591.jpg

The neck before it was cut^

DSC00592.jpg

Ok, im not sure what to do about the holes. I was thinking of using wood filler but i dunno if it would hold. Im definatly going to fill the fourth hole as i want a 3x3 head stock. Any suggestions at all?

The body is almost done being stripped. I will take pics as soon as possible

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you're going to have to glue on an extra section of wood there, the re-cut it like you want it. Maple preferred.

Do a good job of it, paint it black when you're done, no one will be the wiser.

No wood putty there, disaster city awaits you if you do.

What's the body made of?

I had a late '80's Kramer that was solid 1-piece Maple body, bridge HB, and genuine Floyd.

Ahhh, the 80's... :DB):D

this is my plan, excuse the bad ms paint job!

DSC00592.jpg

DANG, fullserve aint workin :D ill try get another pic host.

there, good ole photobucket.

the top angle cut should be the other way round perhaps... whatever you like.

1) Your picture is too close up and doesn't show anything really definitive that would help define what it is.

2) It looks like it still has sealer or primer on it. I need to see bare wood, preferrably a little end grain maybe.

3) Solid Maple is heavy, there's no getting around that. If it's not heavy, it's not Maple.

It's probably Wiminite wood or Paelo Lorto Conference wood or something like that.

:DB):D:D:D

Pa-Lo-Con was known for it's high end whiplash snarly bite while RETAINING a really thick chunky middle, usually hard to accomplish.

They were a limited production run, much like the famous Gibson Korina run. They're affectionately known as the 'Pelican Kramers'.

I think Brian (Dubs) McShane from The Enticers and Steve (Suds) McSturgiss from The Indestructible People used them exclusively back in the mid '80's.

That's all I remember about it.