The Impaler!

Ok some BREAKING NEWS Iam killing this IMPALER and starting over again with a new maple body that I will be painting black and I will be useing a EMG-707 for the pickup and a hipshot bridge Iam going for a very clean dark look with the new

IMPALER I will be trying to do a Tutorial with this one as I go but since this will be my first paint job it may end up being a what NOT to do Tutorial :D but It will take me some time to get it started since I have a lot of other guitars to finish right know as you can tell with how long the X-IMPALER has been siting around :D

if your asking your self "why would he be starting over on the IMPALER"

well I need to learn a few new thing's B) and Maiden's new work has realy made me want to do alot better with my work so iam starting fresh with some new 2 1/2 inch thick maple and a new idea!!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh NO NO NO! Iam sorry about that one I mean that Iam starting over with the IMPALER design Iam still going to finish this guitar the thing's that I want to fix with the IMPALER are first that the body is way to thin way way to thin :D and it feals halfassed to me also the Chamfered cuts on the top just suck!! there way to small and it's not the sharp look I was going for I want tighter lines and a clearner meaner and more EVIL look!!, that this one just does not have I think it's the wood I used!! B)

I realy need a great headstock design for the new one and I cant think of a good one that really fits so anymore Ideas would be great!!

HAHA nope Iam not going to just throw it away :D in fact It's going for lacquer in about 2 days but Iam not sure if I will be dyeing it or not, because I wet it down today to raise the grain for sanding out the scratches and to my suprise it looked deep and wild with some nice figering :D but when it's dry it look's dull and pinkish with no figering at all

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Hay just a question does any one have any idea's where I could place the Jack on the new IMPALER I want to keep the top as oppen as possible!

Any Suggestions?? :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

YA I know I realy suck at this part I just cant think of any thing, I want something that's betwen a beast headstock and a widow headstock but that works with a 7-string in mind I know that I have had alot of designs Thrown at me but when I draw them out they just dont fit with the IMPALER design

I just dont why I cank get this I can do all these guitar body desings but I cant do one deadly headstock!! :D

http://www.bcrich.com/guitar_shapes.asp

!!METAL MATT! B)

hey matt, keep the jack on the back of the guitar. i always think pots and jack sockets spoil a good design, im putting mine on the back, but i havent really figured out where. cant make any decisions until i actually get it.

as for the headstock i couldnt suggest anything myself other than keeping the pegs 3 a side with one slap bang in the middle (making 7). like the BC rich widow but with a peg sticking out of the top. (if you catch my drift)? it might spoil the design but i havent seen anything like that before...

newheadstockidea.jpg

Hear's a new idea Iam toying with, Any Suggestions!! B)

hey matt, keep the jack on the back of the guitar.

Ya iam thinking that would be the best way to go about it but Iam not sure how I would do it there's not alot of room!!

eh i'm not liking that headstock so much. when doing a 4x3 (or any non symmetrical configuration) a straight string pull design is a must IMO. other wise the strings get spread out weird and throw the look off (for me at least).

and the claw still looks a bit thrown on to me. it looks like you had a decent design going, and then just decided to throw that onto the end to make it metal.

matt that headstock is pure evil !!

i really like the "claw" on the end, but id like it better if the pegs were a bit tidier, symetrical maybe? dont get me wrong, the design is mental, but the pegs look just a tad squint.  :D

Thank's man "PURE EVIL" is what Iam going for as far as the peg hole's go that's about the best I can do If I put them any where else the Angle off the nut would be to extrem! If any one has any ideas on how I could change this?

eh i'm not liking that headstock so much.  when doing a 4x3 (or any non symmetrical configuration) a straight string pull design is a must IMO.  other wise the strings get spread out weird and throw the look off (for me at least).

and the claw still looks a bit thrown on to me.  it looks like you had a decent design going, and then just decided to throw that onto the end to make it metal.

HAHA the problem with that one is that I started with the claw

do you have any design Suggestions that may look a bit better?

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Sorry :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

HAHA the problem with that one is that I started with the claw 

do you have any design Suggestions that may look a bit better?

B) shows how much i know.

i don't really have any ideas right now other than making the claw smaller. i'll play around with some stuff later tonight and see if i can come up with something. i'm not very good with headstock designs though (which is ironic, since i'm very picky about what i like in a headstock).

Edited by ThePlague

Here are my suggestions:

First, place the tuning pegs in places that give you a straight(er?) string pull, but still makes an aesthetically pleasing curve. Then, redraw the edges in a way that looks good and still gives you access to the tuning keys (what's the distance from the peg to the button?)

Finally, make the horn a wee bit smaller.

Here are my suggestions:

First, place the tuning pegs in places that  give you a straight(er?) string pull, but still makes an aesthetically pleasing curve. Then, redraw the edges in a way that looks good and still gives you access to the tuning keys (what's the distance from the peg to the button?)

Finally, make the horn a wee bit smaller.

That sounds like A good idea man thanks I will give it a try and see how it turns out!

Try to make the string pull a bit more straight. Then paly with the top of the headstock to make it to your liking. The one you did looks too wide on the bottom.

Ya Maiden your right the bottom is wide and to me the whole thing look like it's siting to far to one side :D I will work on that as well and I will post the new pic's later! :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

anewheadstock.jpg

Ok hears a new one it's not as wild as the other one but it look's good on the IMPALER what do you guy's think??

I think I like it the way it is realy it's way better than the last one and this design should make it a bit easyer on me when I build more necks for the IMPALER design

your right I should work on the pegs a bit more

Now I know "IT'S ABOUT DAM TIME" I did my own neck

So iam thinking about building the neck out of some of the maple I got for the new IMPALER, the wood is like 6 feet long, 9 inchs wide, and 2 1/2 inchs thick and I got it for 40.00 bucks!! but Iam not building my own fret board OK! that's the one thing that freeks me out the most :D:D

PS, I have no idea what iam doing B) is building a 7-string any different than a

6-string if so how??

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!