My New Headstock Design

I like it, but I don't see how the strings are going to line up with the tuners. Do you plan to use some kind of string tree or something ? If you think about it the strings will not be able to make a straight progression from the nut to the tuners on that design. but I like the design and concept.

Edited by Fender4me

Nice idea but I have a few reservations about it being structurally sound. The section holding the hole for tuner number 4 could break off along the wood grain under string tension. And, as mentioned, it might be difficult to get clearance for passing string number 3 around that of string number 2 unless you position your string tree in the middle farther up the headstock. You will have to use the non-fender style (pole style) of string tree where you can change the angle of the string's travel. But go ahead and built it. I'm interested in seeing how well it holds up. :D

Edited by Southpa

Not to get off topic hear but that's a realy cool lefty warlock how long have you been doing your own painting for it looks realy good not that it looked all that bad in the first place.

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I was thinking about cutting a channel straight down my 3x3 style headstock so there are basically two sides but I was worried about lessoning the strength. The again I am not removing across the grain I am removing with the grain so the tuners should still have enough strenth right? Not trying to thread jack just going along the same idea. Anyhow I love the headstock design and hope she works out for ya. Maybe you could add a laminate to the back to add strength or instead of making the neck and headstock one piece make the headstock seperate and go cross grain?

Edited by Cloud