New Project With Strat From Bigd

Hey i just started a little project since I just recieved a body from BigD, i took a neck from a really crappy hondo and they couldnt be more perfect for eachother. I need to find an allen wrench to fit the truss rod so i cant send the rest off. THe ocsillating sander i have takes this stuff of in meere seconds :D . By any chance, does ANYONE know where to get a S-H-S pickguard. Thanks a lot

Here you go guys, the link

Looks like a good match. You may have to make a pickguard depending on how much BigD altered the body size. A standard guard might not fit. Warmoth would be your best bet. I dont think you will find a SHS pickguard anywhere. Thats a pretty strange combo imo. You could always just get a SSS and put a single coil in the middle position.

I should do SSS, i dont think theres much chance of me finding that, also you are right about altering it because it is quite smaller than normal strats. Im in love with the neck though, for a cheap guitar, the neck looks great.

Thats why you have to make your own like Jay5 said...whats the fun of modding if you cant do all that much modding B):D

Hey guys, i just took off all of the clear coats because im gonna leave the neck natural and put some tru oil like BigD did on the body. Heres what it looks like so far

b3b.jpg

Thats without water

e92.jpg

I wiped this down with a cleansing wipe..these things are great. Well im still trying to find an allen wrench that fits the nut so i can complete this thing.

Edited by xebryusguitars

Hmm actually I started thinking about a Bigsby Tele bridge but i have no idea where to get them

Ebay my friend! :D Honestly, I would save your money. Bigsbys with the tele conversion plate are pricey, $150ish I think. Hey, what scale length is that neck? Might want to mark your bridge position before you buy hardware.

here is the tru-oil I used

http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe...115-541&ov=4363

you can get it any most major sporting goods stores in thier gun department.

I just used clear white beeswax. i got it at my local woodcraft store. Any beeswax will do, just make sure its clear.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I found some poly in my garage and being broke, i couldnt buy any tru oil so I just polyd the neck and routed out the body for a pickguard. Its very sloppy but i was doing it at 2 AM while everyone was sleeping so i was trying to be short. Ill finish it up in the afternoon. Well heres how things are looking.

ab1.jpg

02b.jpg

Thats not a spot that didnt get poly'd. Theres 2 different types of woods on the headstock but it only really shows when the flash goes off

522.jpg

e5d.jpg

0d1.jpg

Well im going to put a white pickguard S-S-S with a chrome hipshot hardtail from stew mac. Tesla pickups cause i wanna test them out. Thanks Big D again, that semi hollow made routing an easy thing :D