Pics Of My Tiger Stripe Project

cyoung

The stripes were a template that I got when I bought the book on paintyourownguitar.com. The book is very helpful if you are new to finishing guitars. It takes you through the process step by step and includes pictures also. When you buy John's book, you can download the templates.

When I bought the book, it was only $15. I was willing to pay the $15 for the template alone. Then I started to read his book and was surprised how much info it contained (also there are pics to go along with the read).

So you're saying the book has info in it that's not available elsewhere on the net? I've been reading up on this, been to a lot of sites...I'm getting ready to paint my first project and I'd like to get a good result.

Seems to me a lot of the 'secrets' you find in these ebooks are just repackaged info ...

My problem right now is that I'm in France, so I need to figure out what the equivalent products are here --everything I read is about paints, finishes, compounds that are available in the States...

I've seen you post about this on the Reranch forum as well and...

No offense but it seems you're more into endorsing this book. I could be very wrong and sorry to offend if I am. B)

I'd just hate to see this site turn into advertising for products instead of info sharing. I think you mean well by sharing this but at the same time I'm a little unsure of your real intentions. :D

Oh well, it's late and I'm probably just tired. :D

No I am not endorsing this site at all. All that I am saying is that for someone new to guitar refinishing, this is a good place to start. Along with the step by step instructions, there are pics to go along.

Just trying to help out someone new to refinishing. Before I started, all I had was the Reranch 101 document. Yes it is great, but there are no pics to go along with it.

That's a nice tiger, is it complete... here Daveq got a very nbice one too, and he posted the hole shebang on how he did it... better than casting out $20! If you hang a lot around here and even donate to the forum you can access the download section, there you can find all source of neat stuff, from CADs to make your own templates to inlays to Zakks bullseye drawing... And if you use the search function there are hundreds of small tutorials give by our members to you, free of charge...

I think that this sites should endorse places like this.

And did I forget t omention that one of those e-books were made by the use of tutorials posted on this site without the permision of the authors! And this dude made a few bucks from the knowledge freely available to anybody online!

Just so you know!